Mediators Bob Cole and Michelle Jernigan Discuss Professionalism for TPC@TPC
UWWM mediators A. Michelle Jernigan and Robert A. Cole were among the panelists when the Bench and Bar Professionalism Committee and The Jacksonville Bar Association presented The Professionalism Conference for the second year at the TPC Sawgrass golf course on Wednesday, May 10, 2017. The event, affectionately known as TPC@TPC, "combines a premier professionalism seminar with an exciting networking event during The Players Championship."
Attendees received 4.0 hours of Continuing Legal Education credits (including 4.0 ethics hours and 1.0 technology hour -- newly required by the rules regulating The Florida Bar), plus unlimited access to the Championship Club overlooking the 16th fairway after the conference ended.
Bob and Michelle covered the topic of professionalism in in mediation and settlement, along with fellow panel members Terry Schmidt and Ned Price. They discussed "Florida ethics rules, mediation rules of ethics and conduct as applied in the context of mediation, confidentiality and exceptions outlined in Florida Statute 44.405, mediators' responsibility for outcome fairness, conflicting standards for lawyers acting as mediators, a thorough intake process and the do’s and don’ts as a reflection on years of mediation experience, " said Michael Bateh of the JBA Board of Governors. Judge Gary Flower moderated for the mediator panel.
Other topics were professionalism in appeals, professionalism for corporate and in-house counsel and professionalism with technology.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award