Mediator Don Weidner Interprets, Explains Complicated Rules in Article, Presentation
Don Weidner, a UWWM mediator and dean emeritus of Florida State University College of Law, is keeping his academic skills in shape, not only in the classroom but also in publishing explanatory articles and presenting continuing legal education programs.
Don's most recent paper is titled "New FASB Rules on Accounting for Leases: A Sarbanes-Oxley Promise Delivered," and it appears in the spring 2017 edition of The Business Lawyer, published by the Business Law Section of the American Bar Association. In it, he explains the 2016 rules the Financial Accounting Standards Board crafted that affect virtually every firm that leases assets “such as real estate, airplanes, and manufacturing equipment." They are the result of a discovery more than a decade earlier that there could be about $1.25 trillion in "non-cancellable future cash obligations committed under operating leases" hidden in the notes to firms' financial statements.
On Friday, May 12, 2017, Don joined the faculty of the Legal Community Conference presented by the Tallahassee Bar Association at the FSU College of Law. He presented a segment titled "Leaving Law Firms and Taking Clients," exploring various scenarios concerning the right to legal fees when an attorney leaves a firm with a client in tow. Don was the Reporter for the Revised Uniform Partnership Act and literally wrote the book on it.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award