Florida Bar ADR Section Introduces New Website
The Florida Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Section recently launched its new Website, www.FLADR.com, and invited inspection.
"I want to thank everyone responsible for creating the Section’s new website," wrote Michael H. Lax, chair of the section, "with a special thank you to executive council member Lawrence Kolin for his commitment to getting this done!"
Photos of Lawrence H. Kolin, a mediator and arbitrator who joined Upchurch Watson White & Max in 2014 (and who chaired the section's Website effort), and A. Michelle Jernigan and Robert A. Cole, both UWWM shareholders, appear on fladr.org's Executive Council page. Michelle also edits the section's biannual newsletter, which is posted on the site, as well. In addition to Bob's involvement with the state-level ADR section, he also is the current chair of the ADR Practitioners Committee of The Jacksonville Bar.
Michael Lax reminds mediators, and litigators, too, to check the CLE Events page on the section's new Website to register for the upcoming one hour audio webcast, "Mediation Conflicts of Interest: Ethical Traps for the Unwary," approved for one hour of ethics credit. "Again, welcome to your new website, www.FLADR.org!" he said. "We hope you find it informative and helpful."
According to the new Website, the ADR Section was designed to provide a forum for lawyers interested in alternative dispute resolution and to provide a forum for discussion and exchange of ideas leading to an
improvement of individual alternative dispute resolution skills and abilities. The ADR Section keeps the Bar membership informed and updated regarding legislation, rules and policies in connection with mediation, arbitration and other ADR processes and the responsibilities they impose on mediator and arbitrator members. Resources online now also include MEAC opinion links.
Program Administrator Lani Fraser may be contacted by using the online form or phoning: (850) 561-5707.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award