Bob was born and raised in Jacksonville, Florida. He attended Florida State University in Tallahassee, where he received both his undergraduate and law degrees. After his graduation from law school, Bob returned to Jacksonville and began his professional career in the practice of law, specializing in significant injury and wrongful death, medical malpractice, legal malpractice and design professional liability cases. Bob has been a Certified Mediator since July 2010.
Bob was invited to become a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) in 1990. He was selected as FLABOTA Trial Lawyer of the Year in 2008. He is past president of the Jacksonville Chapter of ABOTA and past president of FLABOTA. He is a current FLABOTA board member and is a national ABOTA board representative for the Jacksonville Chapter.
As a trial lawyer, Bob handled major litigation cases throughout the state of Florida in both state and federal courts. He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, its highest rating. He has been selected by Florida Super Lawyers every year since 2007 and was selected as a Florida Trend Legal Elite in 2012. Bob has served as past chair of the Jacksonville Bar Association ADR Committee and is the current chair of the ADR Section of the Florida Bar.
He has been active in the community with Big Brothers Big Sisters of North Florida, Board of Directors; Jacksonville University, University Council Member; Baptist Health Foundation, Annual Support Committee; and the March of Dimes.
Bob is an avid outdoorsman, enjoying both hunting and fishing. He spends his leisure time with his family, vacationing in the tropics of the Bahamas or the mountains of North Carolina.
- Florida, 1978
- United States Supreme Court, 1985
- United States District Courts; Middle and Northern Districts of Florida
- United States Court of Appeals, 5th Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals, 11th Circuit
- The Florida Bar
- Jacksonville Bar Association
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Jacksonville Association of Defense Counsel
- Jacksonville Claims Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates / FLABOTA President, 2010-2011
- Professional Liability Defense Federation
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- Florida Super Lawyer since 2007
- Florida Trend's 2012 Florida Legal Elite
- B.A, Florida State University, 1974, cum laude / Phi Beta Kappa
- J.D., Florida State University College of Law, 1977
Rated Super Lawyer 2007-2019