Certified Mediators Michelle Jernigan, Art Garcia to Speak for Florida Bar ADR Section Mentoring Academy
An inaugural Mentoring Academy for Certified Mediators will feature two of Upchurch Watson White & Max's very best, shareholder/mediator A. Michelle Jernigan and mediator Arthur Garcia, as instructors. Another UWWM shareholder/mediator, Robert A. "Bob" Cole, served on the academy's planning committee. The two-day workshop will provide coaching on techniques, strategy and professionalism; offer instructive feedback from experienced mediators; and emphasize mentoring and networking for the mediators who attend. The event is Friday, Oct. 25, through Saturday, Oct. 26, 2019, at the University of South Florida’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) in downtown Tampa. The program, hosted by the Section of Alternative Dispute Resolution of the Florida Bar, has been approved for 10 CLE/CME, 1 Ethics CLE/CME and 9 Professionalism CLE credits. For everyone's convenience, organizers have provided these links:
"The section developed the mentoring academy in part because mediators have ethical obligations to advance the mediation profession," spokeswoman Lisa McKnight Tipton, APR, said. "We are providing an opportunity for succeeding generations of mediators to have the benefit of experienced instruction from more seasoned mediators. Networking for the mediator participants and workshop instructors is a key element of the academy. Mediators who participate will gain a statewide network of mentors and co-mediators."
Lisa also commented that faculty members for the 2019 Mediation Academy "are among the most experienced mediators in Florida. Some work in large firms and others practice solo. Each is certified as a County, Circuit Civil or Family mediator." Learn more at FlaBarADR.com/mentoring-academy.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder