It's a Quick Scooter Ride to UWWM Office from Miami's Central Station
Mediator Bob Zwicky recently took a Lyft electric scooter ride from a Brightline train stop at Virgin MiamiCentral to the Upchurch Watson White & Max office in the Biscayne Building (19 West Flagler Street, Suite 420), a 4- to 6- block route. He estimates it would have been a five-minute trip if he hadn't taken a few voluntary detours, just to put the scooter through its paces.
The scooter rents for 29 cents a minute, but Bob invested $6 and took a little tour around the neighborhood. To reserve, you only need to use Lyft's mobile app. He says the ordinance in Miami requires that riders keep to pedestrian walkways and stay out of traffic. You can leave the scooter "anywhere" when your trip is finished, and Lyft will pick it up. As you can see from the photo, Bob arrived in good condition to conduct his mediation. He recommends this mode of transportation to legal colleagues and suggests a cross-body messenger-style bag rather than a briefcase.
In 2020, when UWWM's Miami office will move to One Biscayne Tower, this will become a nine-block ride; still very doable and quicker than a taxi.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- Effective Telephone Negotiations: Before, During & After Mediation
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Upchurch Watson White and Max Mediators Rack up Best Lawyers� Recognitions
- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max