It's a Quick Scooter Ride to UWWM Office from Miami's Central Station
Mediator Bob Zwicky recently took a Lyft electric scooter ride from a Brightline train stop at Virgin MiamiCentral to the Upchurch Watson White & Max office in the Biscayne Building (19 West Flagler Street, Suite 420), a 4- to 6- block route. He estimates it would have been a five-minute trip if he hadn't taken a few voluntary detours, just to put the scooter through its paces.
The scooter rents for 29 cents a minute, but Bob invested $6 and took a little tour around the neighborhood. To reserve, you only need to use Lyft's mobile app. He says the ordinance in Miami requires that riders keep to pedestrian walkways and stay out of traffic. You can leave the scooter "anywhere" when your trip is finished, and Lyft will pick it up. As you can see from the photo, Bob arrived in good condition to conduct his mediation. He recommends this mode of transportation to legal colleagues and suggests a cross-body messenger-style bag rather than a briefcase.
In 2020, when UWWM's Miami office will move to One Biscayne Tower, this will become a nine-block ride; still very doable and quicker than a taxi.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award