Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
Approved 1.0 Hrs. General/Civil Trial Certification
FL Bar CLE Credits
Presented by: Scott Baughan and Kimberly Sands
September 5, 2018
Special note: Although the CLE for this recording is still valid, it may not contain as much practical information as it did at the time of its live presentation. In October 2018, "the Florida Supreme Court rejected a 2013 law intended to bring the state’s expert witness standard in line with most others as an overreach into court territory," (Daily Business Review), and invalidated the Florida Legislature's attempt to drop the Frye standard for assessing expert witness testimony. Our presenter intends to revisit this topic.
Mediators, please note: If you are applying for CME, you can take a screenshot of the final slide (using Windows’ Snipping Tool, for example) for use as part of your documentation. Upchurch Watson White & Max provides automated certification of attendance for live Webinars (via email), but no certification will be provided for viewing recorded Webinars.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution