Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
Approved 1.0 Hrs. General/Civil Trial Certification
FL Bar CLE Credits
Presented by: Scott Baughan and Kimberly Sands
September 5, 2018
Special note: Although the CLE for this recording is still valid, it may not contain as much practical information as it did at the time of its live presentation. In October 2018, "the Florida Supreme Court rejected a 2013 law intended to bring the state’s expert witness standard in line with most others as an overreach into court territory," (Daily Business Review), and invalidated the Florida Legislature's attempt to drop the Frye standard for assessing expert witness testimony. Our presenter intends to revisit this topic.
Mediators, please note: If you are applying for CME, you can take a screenshot of the final slide (using Windows’ Snipping Tool, for example) for use as part of your documentation. Upchurch Watson White & Max provides automated certification of attendance for live Webinars (via email), but no certification will be provided for viewing recorded Webinars.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation