South Florida Mediator Ricardo Cata Takes His Presentation on the Road
At the end of August, as many of us prepared for a long Labor Day weekend, UWWM Mediator Ricardo Cata delivered CLE seminars, first in downtown Miami for the Miami-Dade Florida Association for Women Lawyers (MDFAWL) and then in Coral Gables for the Cuban American Bar Association (CABA).
Ricardo's presentation, "The Roles of Trial Counsel and In-House Counsel in Mediation" drew upon his years of experience representing resort and tour operators based in Latin America and many other clients in Florida’s circuit and federal courts, plus careful research of his topic.
For the MDFAWL presentation, he was joined by Gill S. Freeman, a retired judge from Florida's 11th Judicial Circuit who is also a mediator. He presented solo at Desayuno con CABA (Breakfast with CABA) two days later.
A goal of the program was to inform attorneys in either situation about cooperative processes that can produce the best results in mediation. "Corporations that negotiate a settlement at mediation usually share a common approach: their in-house counsel collaborates with their outside (trial) counsel at every phase of the process – prior to and during the mediation," Ricardo says. "The more thorough and thoughtful in-house and outside counsel’s collaborative planning is, the more likely the corporation will have its best chance at resolving the dispute at mediation." He remains available to present this seminar or to speak on other topics for firms, in-house legal departments and bar associations. This version of "The Roles of Trial Counsel and In-House Counsel in Mediation" is accredited for 1.0 hours of Florida Bar general/civil trial certification CLE.
For more information, please contact his case manager, Cristal Galvez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (305) 266-1224.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award