Who-Who-Who is at Our Plantation Office?
Attorneys and their clients at our Plantation office recently have been fascinated to see a seemingly interested observer right outside the window, Nibbles the great horned owl. Two of our mediators, Judy Bass and Bob Zwicky, look at the symbol of wisdom as a good omen encouraging successful resolutions.
"The clients love him and are always taking his picture," case manager Heidi Cohen says.
The Cornell Lab of Ornithology says the great horned owl is "the quintessential owl of storybooks," and Nibbles is a beautiful, healthy-looking example. He (we think he is a he) likes to nibble on the fruit of the majestic palms that surround the building, appropriately named the Royal Palm II at SouthPointe, 900 S. Pine Island Road. However, great horned owls are ordinarily more carnivorous in their diets, according to the Cornell Lab: "This powerful predator can take down birds and mammals even larger than itself, but it also dines on daintier fare such as tiny scorpions, mice, and frogs."
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award