Florida Mediator Advises, Work Hard, Play Hard
Few will disagree that the practice of law is a stressful profession with myriad challenges, ranging from attracting enough business and overseeing operations to dealing with clients, opposing counsel and judges who can drive one to the edge of despair.
Finding a countervailing balance in life also is a challenge. I thoroughly enjoy my practice, my colleagues, my clients and their often fascinating clients and issues and cannot imagine doing anything else.
Nevertheless, to retain one’s sanity, there has to be a release. Mine is international travel. Fortunately, my wife, Karen, is on the board of Virtuoso, the nation’s leading upscale travel consortium, and is a career travel adviser. Through her company, we travel several times a year, often to exotic locales. For instance, early this December, we’re leading a few couples to Buenos Aires and on to Antarctica aboard the Silverseas Silver Explorer, a smaller expedition ship.
This “Bucket List” trip will give us a great reward for keeping our “shoulders to the wheel” all year, and give us stories that should last well into next year.
Friends often ask about joining us. The last we heard, cabins were still available. Let me know should you wish further information. And we’ll be home for Christmas!
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder