Mediators' Partnership with UF ADR Team Builds Mentorship, Friendship and Service
Outgoing University of Florida Law Dean Bob Jerry asked us recently to sponsor the law school’s ADR Team, a modern sister to the traditional Trial Team that has been around for many years. We enthusiastically accepted, and mediators Kim Sands, Jeff Fleming and I visited with the team at their organizational meeting at the law school recently (Sept. 17, 2014). We were greeted by the team's faculty adviser, Jill Womble, and the team's president, Nick Alberto, together with about 25 team members, all of whom we are eager to mentor in the coming months.
The ADR (Alternative Dispute Resolution) team competes in about five intercollegiate competitions annually. Closely coordinated with the American Bar Association, many of these meets take place in conjunction with the national convention as well as Section meetings throughout the year. UF will host an intercollegiate meet in February, and our firm members will be very active in a coaching and mentoring role as that approaches. For us, this is a fulfilling opportunity for participation and service to the college and its students.
UWWM mediators have stepped up to the plate with a robust response to a call for volunteers to staff this activity from our end. Our rich depository of Webinars, PowerPoint presentations and videos on our YouTube channel will serve as a team resource, and we plan to make ourselves available as necessary to assist in a variety of roles. This will be fun!
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award