We Look Back at UWWM's 2015
Shareholder Richard Lord has been with Upchurch Watson White & Max since 1999. He mediates and arbitrates cases nationwide. To schedule a mediation with Richard, please call his case manager, Cathy McCleary, at (800) 863-1462, or visit our online calendar.
This past year, I again served as co-chair of the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution Mediation Committee and helped to organize a number of Mediation Week events, reviewed proposed programming for the Spring Conference in Seattle and served as a judge for the National Advocacy in Mediation competition. I am also proud to have become a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation.
January saw the opening of our current West Palm and Miami offices bringing the number of our South Florida conference rooms to 21. I have enjoyed working in our West Palm, Plantation, and Miami offices and look forward to being there more frequently in 2016.
Here is a partial list of what some of my UWWM colleagues have been up to in 2015:
- In February, Brandon Peters presented “Advanced Legal Drafting: How to Get the ‘Write’ Result and Best Position Your Client to Be the Appellee,” a major seminar jointly presented by the Appellate Practice and Professionalism Committees of the Orange County Bar Association.
- In June, the firm named Judy Bass, Dom Brandy, Jeff Fleming, Marty Van Tassel and Bill Zei shareholders.
- In July, at the 23rd annual conference of the Florida Dispute Resolution Center, Larry Watson was presented the Sharon Press Excellence in ADR Award for his visionary leadership, professional integrity, and unwavering devotion to the field of ADR.
- Also in July, Michelle Jernigan presented a webinar to the ABA Section of Dispute Resolution on brain science and mediation.
- In August, Kim Sands and Judi Lane presented the webinar “The Seven Deadly Sins in Business Negotiations”.
- In October, Ricardo Cata was a panelist for “PEDRO PAN AT 55: Lawyers and the Legal Profession, Looking Back and Looking Forward,” a discussion organized by History Miami’s 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society and which included a timely look at Cuba’s jurisprudence.
- Also, in October, in honor of ABA Mediation Week, we saw the City of Orlando issue a proclamation, Brad Wash spoke on a panel giving “Practical Tips From Top Mediators” in a live Webcast sponsored by the Dispute Resolution Section of the Alabama State Bar and the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution, and Howard Marsee presented the webinar with me entitled “Mathematics and Mediation – Through the Looking-Glass”.
- In November, Rod Max spoke at “The Alabama Trial Attorney: Litigation Lessons from Birmingham’s Finest,” program presented by The Cumberland Law Review at the Cumberland School of Law on the Samford University campus.
- And finally, Lawrence Kolin was recognized in December by the National Law Journal as a Litigation Trailblazer for his promotion of the use of E-Neutrals in ADR.
I am proud of all of our work enhancing the field of ADR and serving as effective neutrals.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- Effective Telephone Negotiations: Before, During & After Mediation
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation