A proud native Floridian, K. Judith (“Judi”) Lane received her undergraduate degree from Stetson University and her law degree from the University of Florida. She then served as a law clerk with the Fifth District Court of Appeal, before spending 20 years as an accomplished civil litigator.
“AV” rated by Martindale-Hubble and Board Certified in Business Litigation by The Florida Bar, Judi has vast litigation experience. Before she joined UWWM as a mediator, her practice comprised complex cases in the areas of business, employment, real estate, probate, and negligence litigation (just to name a few). Importantly, Judi was known for the exceptional negotiation skills she brought to bear at mediation.
As a UWWM mediator, Judi now puts her litigation experience and negotiating skills to work for you and your clients. Her tireless work ethic, mastery of negotiation, and distinctive creative thinking process allow Judi to successfully help you discover the most effective and efficient resolutions to your clients’ legal disputes.
Outside of the office Judi and her husband, Mark, enjoy sailing, traveling, good food, good wine, and good company. An active member of Daytona Beach West Rotary Club for nearly 20 years, Judi enthusiastically and devotedly participates in a multitude of community and international service projects each year.
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL RECOGNITION & QUALIFICATIONS
B.A. ~ Stetson University, DeLand, Florida, 1990, cum laude
J.D. ~ Univ. of Fla., Levin College of Law, Gainesville, 1993, with Honors
- Board Certified by The Florida Bar in Business Litigation
- Martindale Hubbell Rating: AV
- Young Business Leader of the Yr., Vol/Flag. Business Report, 2008
- Orlando’s Top Lawyers
- The Florida Bar
- U.S. District Court(s): Northern, Middle & Southern Districts of Florida; District of Colorado
- U.S. Courts of Appeal: 3rd Circuit; 11th Circuit
PRO BONO/VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES ~ CURRENT & PAST
- Daytona Beach West Rotary Club
- Wings of Hope Foundation, Inc.
- WORC, Inc.
- Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Guardian Ad Litem Volunteer Attorney
- Barbara’s Thanksgiving Basket Brigade
- Exchange Student Host Parent/Foster Parent
- Florida Supreme Court Certified:
- Circuit Civil Mediation
- Appellate Mediation
- Family Mediation
- Florida Supreme Court Qualified:
VOLUNTARY BAR & PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS
- American Bar Association
- Volusia County Bar Association
- Flagler County Bar Association
- Dunn Blount American Inns of Court
- Volusia County Civil Trial Lawyers
- Volusia/Flagler Association of Women Lawyers