Dominic Brandy commenced his legal career in 1974 as a civil litigator. He has represented clients in the following areas of practice: personal injury, professional negligence (physicians, hospitals, attorneys, architects, engineers, software engineers), errors and omissions litigation, insurance policy, bad faith, products liability, construction litigation, commercial litigation, Title 3, Title 7, Section 1983 and employment law.
He has tried numerous cases in state and federal court representing both plaintiffs and defendants.
Dom has been a full-time alternative dispute resolution practitioner since 2003, and has presided over 2,000 mediations for state and federal courts and the U.S. Department of Labor. He has given continuing education courses for attorneys, nurses and insurance claims personnel.
Professional Education and Qualifications
B.B.A., Finance ~ University of Miami
J.D. ~ South Texas College of Law
- Florida State Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator and Arbitrator
- Certified Mediator USDC, Southern District of Florida
- Florida Supreme Court Approved Foreclosure Mediator
- Approved Instructor, Florida Department of Financial Services-Education Section
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Rated
Professional Associations, Select Lectures and Seminars
- Florida Bar:
Member, Health Law Section, 1995-2002
Member, Alternate Dispute Resolution Section, 2011-2013
Editorial Board Member, News and Journal 1981-82
- Broward County Bar Association ~ Member
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators ~ Member
- Farmers Insurance Company, Davie, Fla.; Sept. 18, 2012
Speaker: “Mediation Basics”
- Broward County Bar Association, Fort Lauderdale, Fla.; Dec. 5, 2008
Speaker: “Effective Mediation”