Upchurch Watson White & Max's Alabama Mediators Gain Citywide and Statewide Recognition
Birmingham, Ala. (PRWEB) June 18, 2013 -- Mike Walls, Rodney Max and Art Hanes have followed up honors as Birmingham Magazine’s Top Attorneys in Alabama mediation earlier this spring by being named to this year’s edition of Alabama’s Best Lawyers. The magazine will publish this month, and a link to the online edition can be found here: http://www.bestlawyers.com.
Upchurch Watson White & Max opened its Alabama office in Birmingham in June 2002. Since then, the firm has provided mediation, arbitration and other forms of third-party neutral services to the bar and bench and served the community at large through civic outreach and other philanthropic endeavors.Led by Max, the group's mediators have conducted mediations since 1988, four years before Alabama’s formal mediation rules became final. “We have been serving Alabama attorneys and their clients in the mediated resolution of their cases for over 20 years, and we look forward to continuing our quality services for many years to come,” he said.
Each of the honorees has contributed to the group's achievement:
- Michael B. Walls joined the firm in 2004, successfully mediating more than 2,000 cases in state and federal courts.
- Principal Rodney A. Max has mediated more than 14,000 cases in 33 states, the District of Columbia and Puerto Rico.
- Arthur J. Hanes, Jr., a former circuit civil judge, has mediated 2,000 cases since becoming a fulltime ADR professional.
The firm now has a strong base of mediators, which also includes Brad Wash, who became a certified mediator in 2002. He was formerly of counsel and mediator with Lucas, Petway, Tucker & Wash, P.C. He joined Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group in January 2007.
The geographic scope of the group’s mediation services extends throughout the state, and the subject-matter scope of its cases includes personal injury, wrongful death, commercial disputes, construction, environmental, trademark, patent, class and mass actions, plus other forms of federal and state statutory actions.
About Upchurch Watson White & Max: A Florida- and Alabama-based professional association of more than 20 mediators, our team of conflict resolution specialists practices in a wide range of alterna-tive dispute resolution disciplines. Areas of practice include business mediation, arbitration, e-discovery mediation, and niche services such as multi-party, complex, malpractice and class action mediation.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation