UWWM Scores Top Honors in Best Lawyers Listings
We were recently pleased but not surprised to learn that two of our panel members, Rodney A. Max, firm principal, and mediator and arbitrator Timothy J. McDermott, who joined Upchurch Watson White & Max more recently, were named Lawyers of the Year for 2021 in two different cities. The Best Lawyers in America bestowed the Birmingham honor in mediation on Rodney, and Tim won for a prior practice area, litigation – land use and zoning, for Jacksonville.
Both are repeat honorees. Rod was also named Lawyer of the Year in mediation for Birmingham in 2010 and 2013 and for Miami in 2015, 2017 and 2019. Tim received the honor in the "litigation – land use and zoning" category for Jacksonville in 2019, and he was named Lawyer of the Year in "litigation – banking and finance" for that metro area in 2015 and 2018.
In more news from Best Lawyers, Upchurch Watson White & Max won the Top-Listed State Award for mediation in Florida and Alabama and the Top-Listed City Award for mediation in Birmingham. Having five mediators on the Best Lawyers list in Florida and an equal number in Alabama secured those awards.
All of our mediator and arbitrator listings for 2021 are repeats with The Best Lawyers in America, and, in addition to Rodney and Tim, they are:
- John Upchurch
- Lawrence M. Watson, Jr.
- Terrence M. White
- Michael B. Walls
- George M. Van Tassel, Jr.
- Arthur J. Hanes, Jr.
- Steven R. Jaffe
- Shelley H. Leinicke
For a look at the panel members' history with the listings, please see the chart below:
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel