UWWM Continues Long-Time Support of FLABOTA
In keeping with its commitment to education and enrichment for attorney colleagues, Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group embarked on a sponsorship of the annual convention and seminar presented by Florida Chapters of the American Board of Trial Advocates (FLABOTA) earlier this year. It's at least the eighth consecutive year UWWM has supported and sent representatives to the event.
This year, FLABOTA staged its 20th annual convention at Four Seasons Resort Orlando at Walt Disney World Resort from July 27 to 29. Firm shareholder and mediator Robert A. "Bob" Cole and mediator/arbitrator Lawrence Kolin attended the meeting, which drew about 150 FLABOTA members and judges from across the state. Lawrence attended the educational seminar, which featured a local judge talking about what judges discuss in the courthouse hallways and the "ever popular" Charles Ehrhardt speaking about evidence. Bob's wife, Kathy, and Lawrence's wife, Karen, joined them for the Friday-night reception.
In addition to the 2017 Plaintiff Trial Lawyer of the Year Award, which Bob presented to co-honoree George E. "Buddy" Schulz Jr., a partner in Holland & Knight's Jacksonville office, three other honors were given: the 2017 Jurist of the Year Award, 2017 Joseph P. Milton Professionalism and Civility Award and 2017 Fran Peacock Coker Community Service Award.
In the accompanying photos:
- Mediator Bob Cole, right, presented the Trial Lawyer of the Year award to co-honoree Buddy Schulz of Holland & Knight. Current FLABOTA President Jeff Goodis is at left.
- Bob Cole, right, is joined by FLABOTA past presidents Tom Gamba, second from left, and Josh Whitman, second from right -- and Josh's son Ben, who is a West Palm Beach attorney.
For FLABOTA's sponsor page, please click here: http://www.flabota.org/sponsors
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation – Through the Looking-Glass
- Effective Telephone Negotiations: Before, During & After Mediation
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- UWWM Mediators Discuss Importance of Certification for Florida Bar News
- How to Maximize the Use of Your Mediator
- Leaving Law Firms and Taking Clients: Florida Emphasis and National Perspective
- Developing and Enforcing Good Faith Standards for Civil Trial Mediations