UWWM Mediators Fan Out in Florida to Teach About ADR
Panel members of Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group have put a brighter light on education for the last month, although they frequently appear as faculty members and speakers at various legal seminars and conferences in Florida and Alabama. Most recently, three of our mediators shared their insights, as follows:
- Broward County Bar Association Bench and Bar Convention -- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. spearheaded two panel presentations for the Continuing Legal Education component of the convention in mid-October 2019 at the Signature Grand in Davie. He was joined by attorneys Darlene Gimble and Aaron J. Horowitz and retired judge Joseph Farina to talk about "Arbitration, Binding and Non-binding v. Mediation: What, When and How" and "Effective Mediation Planning and Presentation." UWWM also sponsored the convention and had a different kind of educational effort going on at its exhibit table.
- Inaugural Mentoring Academy for Certified Mediators of the Section of Alternative Dispute Resolution of The Florida Bar -- Late last month shareholder/mediator A. Michelle Jernigan and mediator Art Garcia were panelists/instructors at the University of South Florida’s Center for Advanced Medical Learning and Simulation (CAMLS) in downtown Tampa. Another UWWM shareholder/mediator, Robert A. "Bob" Cole, served on the academy's planning committee. The two-day workshop provided coaching on techniques, strategy and professionalism; offered instructive feedback from experienced mediators; and emphasized mentoring and networking for mediators.
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association Alternative Dispute Resolution Skills Seminar -- Bob Cole presented "How to Plan and Strategize for Mediation -- The Ethical Way" at this seminar hosted by the offices of Meier, Bonner, Muszynski, O'Dell & Harvey, P.A., in Longwood earlier this month. Bob said an engaged audience of 25 to 30 attorneys, appearing to be in diverse stages of their careers, attended to learn or build on the skill set used to mediate and arbitrate cases Presenters were attorneys, mediators and/or arbitrators teaching attendees how to resolve cases "and secure wins as defined by you and your clients."
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- Effective Telephone Negotiations: Before, During & After Mediation
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward