City of Orlando Proclaims Oct. 16-22 ABA Mediation Week
Lawrence Kolin, a mediator and arbitrator with Upchurch Watson White & Max, was on hand for the City of Orlando to declare Oct. 16-22, 2016, American Bar Association Mediation Week. Lawrence, a resident of the city's historic College Park neighborhood and author of the award-winning "blawg" Orlando Mediator, got to step into the speaker's well and say a few words on the occasion for the Oct. 10 city council meeting.
The proclamation reads, in part:
"Whereas, mediation, along with the principles and practices that it embodies, can be a crucial tool for peacemaking between individuals, groups, units, neighborhoods, as well as governments and our region continues to be a leader in those efforts ... now, therefore, I, Mayor Buddy Dyer, on behalf of our Council and the residents of our City, do hereby declare October 16th through October 22nd, 2016 "Mediation Week" in the City of Orlando, recognizing the importance of the availability of alternative dispute resolution services to the citizens of our community."
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award