Mediator Ricardo Cata to Speak at HistoryMiami's Pedro Pan Exhibit
MIAMI, Fla. (October 16, 2015) - Ricardo Cata, a mediator and arbitrator with Upchurch Watson White & Max, will be a panelist for "PEDRO PAN AT 55: Lawyers and the Legal Profession, Looking Back and Looking Forward," a discussion organized by HistoryMiami’s 11th Judicial Circuit Historical Society, on Thursday, Oct. 22.
Organizers promise an exploration of the legal side of the relationship between the United States and Cuba from 6 to 7:30 p.m. HistoryMiami Museum,101C West Flagler Street, in conjunction with a current exhibit, "OPERATION PEDRO PAN: The Cuban Children's Exodus". "The panel will include a timely dialogue about the current state of Cuban jurisprudence. Panelists include two Pedro Pans, a participant in the Florida Supreme Court program for Cuban lawyers and two attorneys who recently returned from an exploratory trip to Cuba."
In addition to Mr. Cata, they are:
- Francisco “Frank” Angones of Angones McClure & Garcia
- George “Rocky” Harper and Steven Harper of Harper Meyer
- Jose “Pepe” Villalobos, Akerman LLP
The panel moderator is Anna Marie Hernandez of Holland & Knight, president-elect of the Cuban American Bar Association.
HistoryMiami members can attend for free, and admission for all others is $10. All attendees are asked to first RSVP online at http://bit.ly/pedro55. To be become a member of HistoryMiami, contact Hilda Masip, email@example.com.
About Upchurch Watson White & Max
A nationally leading mediation specialty firm, Upchurch Watson White & Max is known for facilitating reasonable agreements to resolve complex issues. From eight offices in Florida and Alabama, Supreme Court certified attorney mediators with wide-ranging specialties serve as court-appointed and privately employed mediators, arbitrators and third-party neutral case managers, implementing innovative methods of alternative dispute resolution across the country. On the Web: uww-adr.com
# # #
P R E S S R E L E A S E
Upchurch Watson White & Max
125 S. Palmetto Avenue
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Catherine Klasne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award