Mediator Bob Cole Speaks for National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary Conference
Florida Mediator Robert A. "Bob" Cole recently participated in a panel discussion titled "Freshwater Fishing in the Ocean – Using ADR in Administrative Law" for the 2018 National Association of Administrative Law Judiciary Annual Conference.
Bob, a shareholder with Upchurch Watson White & Max who has been part of its mediation panel since 2012, discussed this role for alternative dispute resolution with Prof. James A. Sheehan of the Stetson University College of Law; The Hon. Thomas Dewberry, who is chief administrative law judge of the Maryland Office of Administrative Hearings; and Alexis Lambert, chief of staff for the Florida Department of Health. The title of their discussion reflected the nautical bent of the conference's theme, "Waves of Change, Oceans of Opportunity."
NAALJ hosted the three-day event at the Hilton St. Petersburg Bayfront in downtown St. Petersburg, Fla., in mid-October. The mission of the NAALJ "is to promote an impartial, professional administrative judiciary that adheres to high ethical standards and furthers the recognition and understanding of its necessary role in the function of government."
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder