UWWM Sponsors An Evening with Chief Judge Peter Weinstein
Upchurch Watson White and Max joins the Jewish Federation of Broward County in honoring the man at the helm of the 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, sponsoring An Evening with Chief Judge Peter Weinstein on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
Following a wine and cheese reception, Chief Judge Weinstein will be the guest speaker for an Attorneys’ Division Jewish Federation outreach program. Judge Weinstein was elected in 2011 by a majority vote of his colleagues, replacing former Chief Judge Victor Tobin in the second-largest circuit court in the state of Florida.
He brought many years of experience with him, receiving his bachelor's degree from New York University and his juris doctorate degree from Brooklyn Law School. He served as a legal officer in the United States Army, as a prosecutor for Broward County, and was in private practice for many years before being appointed to the 17th Circuit bench in 1998. He also served as a Florida Senator for 14 years.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
- Harvard Professor Addresses ABA Dispute Resolution Section's Conference
- Two UWWM Mediators Speak at 24th Annual Dispute Resolution Conference
- Diversity in Mediation: Domestic and International Challenges
- The Florida Bar Disciplinary Process: Your Survival Guide
Next Article: Bob