UWWM Sponsors An Evening with Chief Judge Peter Weinstein
Upchurch Watson White and Max joins the Jewish Federation of Broward County in honoring the man at the helm of the 17th Judicial Circuit of Florida, sponsoring An Evening with Chief Judge Peter Weinstein on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.
Following a wine and cheese reception, Chief Judge Weinstein will be the guest speaker for an Attorneys’ Division Jewish Federation outreach program. Judge Weinstein was elected in 2011 by a majority vote of his colleagues, replacing former Chief Judge Victor Tobin in the second-largest circuit court in the state of Florida.
He brought many years of experience with him, receiving his bachelor's degree from New York University and his juris doctorate degree from Brooklyn Law School. He served as a legal officer in the United States Army, as a prosecutor for Broward County, and was in private practice for many years before being appointed to the 17th Circuit bench in 1998. He also served as a Florida Senator for 14 years.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Meet Our Mediators: Shelley Leinicke
- Developing and Enforcing Good Faith Standards for Civil Trial Mediations
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Harvard Professor Addresses ABA Dispute Resolution Section's Conference
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
- Diversity in Mediation: Domestic and International Challenges
Next Article: Bob