Negotiating Around and Through Minefields in Mediation
This online seminar, presented by Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group and The Florida Bar Young Lawyers Division Technology Committee, will teach lawyers how to prepare for negotiations that occur in the mediation process. The presenter, A. Michelle Jernigan, will instruct how to identify negotiation tactics employed by opponents in mediation and how to respond to those tactics. Lawyers will learn negotiation strategies that have been successful in bringing about resolution to a dispute. The presenter will educate lawyers on how to avoid an impasse and what to do when they encounter one. Different negotiation styles will be identified and participants will learn how to manage and respond to emotions in mediation.
Title: Negotiating Around and Through Minefields in Mediation Date: Wednesday, February 24, 2016 Time: Noon-1 p.m. EST
After registering at https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1107694565509932802, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.
Speaker Bio: A. Michelle Jernigan, a shareholder with UWWM, has been considered a trail-blazer among the state's mediators since she launched her ADR practice in the 1980s. Michelle has mediated thousands of cases and has served as an arbitrator in a variety of disputes. Today, she remains on the cutting edge by studying topics such as the psychology and physiology of decision-making and incorporating her studies into her practice.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award