UWWM's "Lean In" Group Introduces Grit Program
Thanks to all who participated in UWWM’s "Lean In"-inspired luncheon on July 29, 2015, at UWWM’s Maitland office. Partner Kimberly Sands and Shareholder Michelle Jernigan presented an introduction to The Grit Project developed by the ABA Section on Litigation, Women in Litigation.
Upchurch Watson White & Max is in its second year of CLE programs designed to explore issues of advocacy and professional development for those who wish to improve their litigation skills and the business of practicing law through research, shared experience, and recommended strategies.
At our recent gathering, Michelle presented “Grit” and “Growth” as defined by the ABA project and ways in which these concepts apply to defining and achieving individual goals as litigation professionals. Kimberly presented a business scenario derived from The Grit Project in which attendees participated in problem-solving.
Although this program was designed to address the challenges women have historically experienced in the practice of law, the issues addressed are not limited to women litigators, and these luncheons are open to all litigators interested in improving their skills in advocacy and business development. If you are interested in attending, please e-mail Cathy Klasne at firstname.lastname@example.org, to join our invitation list. Our next CLE luncheon will be on October 21, 2015, also at UWWM’s Maitland office.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award