Upchurch Watson White and Max Mediators Rack up Best Lawyers® Recognitions
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. (Sept. 10, 2014) -- Seven mediators from Upchurch Watson White and Max have been listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015, including partner Rodney A. Max, who received "the highest average of votes" in the mediation category for both the Miami and Birmingham, Ala., metros.
That makes him the Best Lawyers' 2014-'15 "Lawyer of the Year" for the category in both of those cities. "Only a single lawyer in each practice area, in each community, is being honored as a 'Lawyer of the Year," Phillip Greer of bestlawyers.com explains.
Other 2015 recognitions for Upchurch Watson White & Max team members are as follows:
- Arthur J. (Art) Hanes, ADR Counsel, was listed for Arbitration and Mediation in Birmingham, Ala. (first listed by Best Lawyers(R) in 2008 and for these practice areas in 2011).
- John J. Upchurch, Principal and CEO, Arbitration, Daytona Beach, Fla. (first listed in 2007, for this practice area in 2011).
- Lawrence M. (Larry) Watson Jr., Principal, Arbitration, Maitland, Fla. (first listed in 2005-'06, for this practice area in 2011).
- Terrence M. (Terry) White, Principal, Arbitration, Daytona Beach (first listed in 2014 for this practice area).
- Michael B. Walls, Principal, Mediation, Birmingham (first listed in 2010, for this practice area in 2011).
- Brad Wash, Shareholder, Mediation, Birmingham. This is the first year Mr. Wash has received Best Lawyers® recognition.
Since it was first published in 1983, Best Lawyers® has become universally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence, according to the organization's "publicizing guidelines." Best Lawyers is based on an exhaustive peer-review survey. Over 52,000 leading attorneys cast more than 5.5 million votes on the legal abilities of other lawyers in their practice areas. Lawyers are not required or allowed to pay a fee to be listed; therefore inclusion in Best Lawyers is considered a singular honor. Corporate Counsel magazine has called Best Lawyers “the most respected referral list of attorneys in practice.”
ABOUT UPCHURCH WATSON WHITE & MAX
A nationally leading mediation specialty firm, Upchurch Watson White & Max is known for facilitating reasonable agreements to resolve complex issues. From eight offices in Florida and Alabama, Supreme Court certified attorney mediators with wide-ranging specialties serve as court-appointed and privately employed mediators, arbitrators and third-party neutral case managers, implementing innovative methods of alternative dispute resolution across the country. On the Web: http://www.uww-adr.com
# # #
P R E S S R E L E A S E
For Immediate Release
Upchurch Watson White & Max
125 S. Palmetto Avenue
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Catherine Klasne (email@example.com )
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award