Arbitrator A. Michelle Jernigan Speaks on Agreements, Fears for Orange County Bar Association
Mediator/arbitrator A. Michelle Jernigan, a shareholder with Upchurch Watson White & Max, recently gave a presentation, "Should You Be Scared? What Labor & Employment Attorneys Must Know About Arbitration," sponsored by the Labor & Employment Committee of the Orange County Bar Association.
She appeared at the OCBA Center in downtown Orlando for 1 hour and 40 minutes on May 19, 2016, allowing 30 attendees to claim 2.0 general Continuing Legal Education credits through The Florida Bar. The event was complimentary.
Michelle gave advice on how to take control of five possible fears attorneys might have regarding arbitration, which are:
- Uncertainty about applicable law
- Uncertainty about who the decision makers are in various contracts
- Finality of arbitration awards
- Possible costs associated with arbitration
- Possibility the arbitration agreement might be attacked
She described how labor and employment attorneys can make the arbitration agreement work for them.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Bringing Class Actions & Mass Claims to Resolution
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award