Mediator Howard Marsee Named Group Chair for Florida Bar Professionalism Committee
MAITLAND, Fla. (June 6, 2016) - Howard R. Marsee, a mediator and arbitrator with Upchurch Watson White & Max, has been appointed chair of the Education and Resource Working Group for his third year of service to The Florida Bar's Standing Committee on Professionalism.
"This group is responsible for providing news, articles, professionalism literature, photos and other content for The Professional newsletter and the Henry Latimer Library," Mr. Marsee said. Materials in the current collection may be found at http://libguides.law.fiu.edu/henrylatimerguide. Mr. Marsee has written recently for the newsletter ("Reflections: Professionalism as a Tool of Negotiation" on page 8 of the fall 2015 edition of The Professional).
Mr. Marsee is pleased with the progress of the work of the Standing Committee on Professionalism. "In the last three years, the SCOP has accomplished some important goals, including drafting the Bar's Code of Professionalism Expectations," he said. He participated in the editing of this code, which was adopted by the Bar's Board of Governors on Jan. 30, 2015.
The code begins with a definition: “Professionalism is the pursuit and practice of the highest ideals and tenets of the legal profession. It embraces far more than simply complying with the minimal standards of professional conduct. The essential ingredients of professionalism are character, competence, commitment, and civility.”
About Upchurch Watson White & Max
A nationally leading mediation specialty firm, Upchurch Watson White & Max is known for facilitating reasonable agreements to resolve complex issues. From eight offices in Florida and Alabama, Supreme Court certified attorney mediators with wide-ranging specialties serve as court-appointed and privately employed mediators, arbitrators and third-party neutral case managers, implementing innovative methods of alternative dispute resolution across the country. On the Web: uww-adr.com
# # #
P R E S S R E L E A S E
Upchurch Watson White & Max
125 S. Palmetto Avenue
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Catherine Klasne (firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Immediate Release
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award