Mediation Panel Gains Law School Dean JON MILLS and Supreme Court Certified Mediator BETH MILLS.
Daytona Beach, Florida, November , 2004 -The mediation firm of Upchurch Watson White & Max announces the appointment of Jon L. Mills, Dean Emeritus, Professor of Law and Director, Center for Governmental Responsibility, University of Florida, Levin College of Law; and Beth Bechard Mills, formerly of the firms Baker & Hostetler and Holden, Rappenecker, Eubank & Mills, P.A., to their 25-member mediation panel. This specialty panel of distinguished neutrals includes former Florida Supreme Court Chief Justices Ben F. Overton and Major B. Harding, as well as a number of former appellate and circuit judges throughout Florida.
Dean Mills has served as Founding Director of the Center for Governmental Responsibility at the University of Florida College of Law (1973-80; 1988-present) as well as Dean from 1999-2003. Elected to the Legislature in 1980, he served as Speaker of the House of Representatives of the State of Florida from 1987-88. Beth Mills became certified as a circuit court mediator by the Florida Supreme Court in 1999. Her practice of law included commercial litigation, real property matters and business law with a primary focus on construction law. "Jon Mills has a broad-based knowledge of constitutional and governmental law, together with professional relationships throughout the region that will be greatly beneficial to the firm," said John J. Upchurch, President of the firm. "Beth's talents will enhance our ability to serve the litigation market, with special emphasis upon construction law, her area of concentration."
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award