Mediation Firm Principal to Conduct Appellate Mediation Certification Training and Speak at ABA CLE Event
Appellate Mediation Certification Training
Michael Orfinger, principal of Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group, in conjunction with the University of South Florida Conflict Resolution Collaborative, will offer training for mediators interested in becoming Florida Supreme Court certified appellate mediators. In July, 2010, the Florida Supreme Court adopted new Appellate Mediation Rules and revised the Rules for Certified and Court Appointed Mediators to provide for the certification of appellate mediators. The initial courses are scheduled for April 5, 6 and 7 at the University of South Florida campus in Tampa. Additional information can be found at The USF Conflict Resolution Collaborative website.
ABA Annual CLE Conference
On Friday, April 15, Orfinger, will participate in a panel discussion at the American Bar Association’s Section of Litigation & Criminal Justice Annual CLE Conference in Miami Beach at the Fontainebleau Resort. Joining Orfinger on this panel will be three other highly experienced mediators, Ed Mullins, Lynn Cole and Pamela Perry. Their presentation, entitled “Top Ten Mistakes We’re Making in Mediation & Did Not Even Know It” is designed to teach litigators to “better advocate in mediation before, during and after their next mediation.” Please visit the ABA Conference site for more details.
Orfinger, rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell, is a Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator; Certified U.S. District Court Mediator, Middle District of Florida, and Approved Appellate Mediator – Fifth District Court of Appeal. In addition to his extensive litigation background in commercial and civil matters, Orfinger is also an experienced appellate practitioner, has presented numerous CLE seminars and has been a contributing author to various Florida Bar CLE publications.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | E-Discovery | electronic discovery | Florida | Florida Bar | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- UNCITRAL Convention on Enforcement of International Settlement Agreements and Amended Model Law on International Conciliation Take Another Step Forward
- Lawyer Professionalism as a Tool for Successful Negotiation
- Meet Our Mediators: Marty Van Tassel
- Don't Bring a Knife to a Gunfight: Florida Case Law Update on Daubert and Other Expert Witness Pitfalls
- Upchurch Watson White & Max Elevates Mediator Charles A. "Chuck" Mancuso to Shareholder
- Florida Mediator Carl Schwait Bestows Scholarship Associated With Haas Humanitarian Award