Article Boosts Judicial Campaigns for Florida Mediators Mike Orfinger, Sandy Upchurch
Members of Upchurch Watson White & Max's panel of neutrals were quoted in Sunday's Daytona Beach (Fla.) News-Journal, which published an article announcing the qualifying period for 7th Circuit judicial races.
Mike Orfinger, a principal and mediator with the group, has declared his candidacy for the seat currently occupied by retiring 7th Judicial Circuit Judge R. Michael Hutcheson, and Sandy Upchurch, mediation counsel, currently is running unopposed for the seat being vacated by retiring Circuit Judge Terry LaRue.
Mike told News-Journal reporter Frank Fernandez that being a mediator is great experience for a would-be judge. “I think it’s an excellent segue for the bench because mediators are required to be neutral and impartial,” he said.
Sandy, a five-year mediator and former litigator, told the writer how much helping people in crisis has meant to her. “I’ve really enjoyed being a part of that process, and I think being a judge is sort of the ultimate person who helps in the resolution of matters,” she said.
Qualifying begins today (Monday, April 28, 2014) and ends at noon Friday (May 2). The News-Journal advises the campaign season will be a busy one with open races to replace four retiring 7th Judicial Circuit judges.
Bookmark & Share
Be the first to comment on this post below!
Popular tags on this blogADR | Alabama | Alabama mediator | Alternative Dispute Resolution | arbitration | arbitrator | attorney | CLE | CME | electronic discovery | Florida | florida arbitrator | Florida mediation | Florida mediator | florida mediators | judge | lawyer | legal | Mediation | mediation in Florida | Mediator | mediators | Orlando Mediator | stay out of court | webinar |
Most Popular Articles
- RAISING RICH KIDS! GROWING UP WEALTHY?AND HUMAN
- Register for OCBA Arbitration Seminar with Lawrence Kolin by March 28
- Mathematics and Mediation ? Through the Looking-Glass
- Mindfulness and the Practice of Law
- Effective Telephone Negotiations: Before, During & After Mediation
- Mediator Richard Graham to Discuss His Role in Pulitzer Prize Winner's New Book
- April Y. Walker Becomes Full-Time Mediator With Upchurch Watson White & Max
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation