Tom Kane joined Upchurch Watson White & Max in the beginning of 2020, after 20 years as a Central Florida-based mediator. He has been an attorney since 1975, but, even before that, he assisted in the trial of 20 circuit court criminal cases as a law-school intern for the Dade County State Attorney's office.
He began his practice of the law in Orlando at Driscoll, Conrad, Langston & Layton, P.A., a firm specializing in civil trial practice and personal injury defense, and became a partner there in 1977. In 1985, he formed Thomas G. Kane, P.A., which grew to a nine-attorney firm, specializing in personal injury law at the trial and appellate levels.
Since 2000, he has dedicated his practice to dispute resolution, mediating more than 2,000 matters.
Professional Education and Qualifications
A.B. ~ Rutgers College, New Brunswick, New Jersey, in history, honors graduate, 1972
J.D. ~ University of Miami School of Law, 1975
- Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil Mediator, since 1999
- U.S. District Court, Middle District Appellate Mediator, Fifth District Court of Appeals (Florida Appellate Court Certified Mediator since 2005)
- Florida Bar Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer, 1984-2014
Bar Admissions, Professional Affiliations and Recognitions
- The Florida Bar, since 1975
- American Bar Association, 1975-2005
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Orange County Bar Association, 1975-2008 (Defense Research Institute)
- Brevard County Bar Association, 1975-1999
- Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, since 1983
- Mustard Seed Furniture Bank of Central Florida, Board Member
- Magnolia Bay Homeowner’s Association, Maitland, FL, President
- Quail Hollow Homeowner’s Association, Winter Park, FL, President
- St. Margaret Mary Church, Winter Park, FL, Legal Committee