Howard R. Marsee
Howard R. Marsee began the practice of law in 1971 as a trial attorney. During his career as a trial attorney he represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a wide variety of complex litigation. Since 1996, he has served thousands of hours as a mediator, arbitrator and special master.
Howard was a board-certified civil trial lawyer for 20 years, from 1983-2003. He is certified by the Florida Supreme Court to receive circuit-civil mediation appointments. He is certified by the U.S. District Court for the Middle of Florida to receive mediation appointments in cases pending before that Court, and he is approved by the Florida 5th District Court of Appeal as an appellate mediator.
Professional Education and Qualifications
B.A. University of South Florida
J.D. University of Florida Levin College of Law (cum laude)
Member: Order of the Coif, Phi Kappa Phi
Associate Editor: University of Florida Law Review
Member: Academy of Court-Appointed Master
Supreme Court Certified Circuit-Civil Mediator
Certified U.S. District Court Mediator, Middle District of Florida
Approved Appellate Mediator, 5th District Court of Appeal ~ Civil
Martindale-Hubble Rating of AV
Memberships, Organizations and Publications
- Member, Academy of Court Appointed Masters (National organization for special masters)
- Author of “Utilizing ‘Special Masters’ in Florida: Unanswered Questions, Practical Considerations, and the Order of Appointment,” 81 Fla. Bar J. at 13 (Oct. 2007).
- The Florida Bar since 1971: Instructor/speaker at annual conferences of the Florida Dispute Resolution Center
- Florida Academy of Professional Mediators
- Medical/Legal Committee, Orange County Bar Association, Former Chair
- Speaker-Coordinator, Orange County Bar Association Seminar on Attorney-Physician Relationships in Litigation
- Wall Street Journal Fellowship in Journalism