Before joining Upchurch Watson White & Max, Al Tetrault led an independent firm focused on civil and appellate mediation in Palm Coast, Florida. He mediated many disputes throughout the state, including foreclosure mediations as an active participant of the 7th Circuit Mediation Panel managed by UWWM. He is a former director of the Volusia County Bar Association and former secretary and board member of the Flagler County Bar Association.
A Vietnam Veteran, Al earned his USAF Wings as a pilot and was an Aircraft Commander in C-130 transport aircraft. He was awarded a Bronze Star and the Air Medal with Oak Leaf Cluster. The Veterans Administration had accredited him to represent veterans in their disability appeals.
His aviation experience included owning and operating a Beech A-36 aircraft, and he logged over 6,563 total flight hours over 40 years, domestically and internationally. He flew missions for Angel Flight of Georgia, transporting indigent persons needing medical care in Atlanta from their rural homes. He also flew coastal patrol missions with the U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary, supporting the Department of Homeland Security, and flew training missions to help U.S. Coast Guard pilots hone their coastal intercept procedures.
After his military service, Al built a successful career in the computer industry, beginning as a sales representative with IBM and ending as CEO of an early-stage Internet company. He managed field operations in F100 and entrepreneurial companies, including one in Russia.
Al is survived by his wife, the former Helen Ann O’Gorman and two adult children -- May, who lives in Atlanta and is the mother of two girls, Madison and Maggie, and Rob, who is the regional manager with a commercial landscape firm, also in Atlanta.
Professional Education and Qualifications
B.A. ~ University of Connecticut (Economics)
M.B.A. ~ (with distinction) Harvard Business School
J.D. ~ Florida Coastal School of Law
International business studies ~ London Business School and IMD (Lausanne, Switzerland)
• Florida Supreme Court Certified Circuit Civil and Appellate Mediator
• Certified Florida Foreclosure Mediator
• AOPA Legal Services Plan Panel Attorney
• Adjunct Professor, Business Law, Flagler College, St. Augustine
• The Florida Bar (member of the Aviation Committee)
• Volusia County Bar Association
• Flagler County Bar Association
• Lawyer Pilot Bar Association
• Orange County Bar Association
• Commercial License: Aircraft Single Multi Engine Land (ASMEL), Instruments, Rotorcraft, and C-123 Type Rating
• FAA Certified Flight Instructor (1506739CFI)