UWWM Sponsors Florida Supreme Court Historical Society Annual DinnerUpchurch Watson White & Max was one of the proud sponsors of the January 31st Florida Supreme Court Historical Society Annual Dinner. The year’s event, held at the University Center Club in Tallahassee, honored former Governor Reubin Askew with the Society’s Lifetime Achievement Award. The award was presented by former Governor and United States Senator Bob Graham.
Presented posthumously with the Lifetime Achievement Award was W. Reece Smith, Jr., a lifetime FSCHS member who led the Society’s mission over many decades as Trustee and Society President. Reece passed away on January 11.
The dinner also included reflections on the life of former Supreme Court Justice, Ben Overton by Justice Stephen Grimes. Justice Overton had been an Upchurch Watson White & Max panel member since 2003.
In attendance at this year’s dinner was our firm’s Jacksonville office representative, Bob Cole along with invited guests, Julian Proctor, Kathy Maus and Dave Dunlap (seen in photo).
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Two UWWM Mediators Speak at 24th Annual Dispute Resolution Conference
- City of Orlando Proclaims Oct. 16-22 ABA Mediation Week
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Part 2: The Wrong for Which There Is No Legal Remedy
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
- Meet Our Mediators: Don Weidner
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- The Florida Bar Disciplinary Process: Your Survival Guide
Next Article: UWWM's Richard Lord Now an ACCTM Fellow