John Upchurch Addresses Polish Legal Community in Practice of Mediation and Arbitration at Warsaw University ConferenceOn March 23, 2012, the American Studies Program at the Faculty of Law and Administration, University of Warsaw, together with the Court of Arbitration at the Polish Chamber of Commerce, hosted a conference entitled “Mediation and Arbitration: Similarities and Differences” which addressed the importance of civility and amicability in the conduct of these ADR modalities.
John J. Upchurch (pictured), President and CEO of Upchurch Watson White & Max Mediation Group, participated on a Panel that addressed mediation and its application in commercial disputes in Poland and the European Union. He is an adjunct faculty member of the American Studies Program, sponsored by the Levin College of Law at the University of Florida, and frequently participates as an instructor in that program at the University of Warsaw.
The conference was organized by Ewa Gmurzynska, who holds a joint faculty appointment by the University of Florida and Warsaw University, and who serves as Director of the American Studies Program in Warsaw. Also participating were Professor Donald Peters, University of Florida College of Law, and a distinguished group of attorneys, neutrals and academic representatives from the Polish legal community.
Upchurch Watson White & Max (www.uww-adr.com), a national leading mediation specialty firm, is known for facilitating reasonable agreements to resolve complex issues. From five offices in Florida and Alabama, Supreme Court certified attorney mediators with wide-ranging specialties serve as a court-appointed and privately employed mediator, arbitrator and third-party neutral case managers, implementing innovative methods of alternative dispute resolution across the country.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Meet Our Mediators: Shelley Leinicke
- Developing and Enforcing Good Faith Standards for Civil Trial Mediations
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Harvard Professor Addresses ABA Dispute Resolution Section's Conference
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- Diversity in Mediation: Domestic and International Challenges
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
Previous Article: Jacksonville Open House Reception Welcomes Mediator Bob Cole