David Krathen Awarded Fort Lauderdale A.B.O.T.A. Trial Judge Of The Year 2012Each year, the Fort Lauderdale Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates presents a special event – “Judge’s Night” – honoring the Judge and Lawyer of the year as selected by a vote of Chapter members. At this January 18th dinner event held at the B Ocean Hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach, David Krathen was awarded the honor of Trial Judge of the Year for 2012, chosen from 22 nominated candidates. It is the second time Judge Krathen has received this honor from the Fort Lauderdale ABOTA chapter – his first being in 2008. Prior to serving on the bench, he was the recipient of the Chapter’s 2002 Professionalism Award.
Criteria for the selected judge include: commitment to preserving and improving the jury trial system; is knowledgeable, prepared and rules in a timely manner; follows the rules of law and applies them evenhandedly; and demands professionalism from all lawyers.
Judge Krathen, who retired from the 17th Circuit bench in December, became the newest mediation panel member of Upchurch Watson White & Max this month.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Two UWWM Mediators Speak at 24th Annual Dispute Resolution Conference
- The Florida Bar Disciplinary Process: Your Survival Guide
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
- Harvard Professor Addresses ABA Dispute Resolution Section's Conference
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- Part 2: The Wrong for Which There Is No Legal Remedy
- Shareholder Bob Cole Attends Florida Bar Section Leadership Conference
- Mediator Albert Tetrault Attends Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association Convention on Behalf of Upchurch Watson White & Max