David Krathen Awarded Fort Lauderdale A.B.O.T.A. Trial Judge Of The Year 2012Each year, the Fort Lauderdale Chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates presents a special event – “Judge’s Night” – honoring the Judge and Lawyer of the year as selected by a vote of Chapter members. At this January 18th dinner event held at the B Ocean Hotel on Fort Lauderdale Beach, David Krathen was awarded the honor of Trial Judge of the Year for 2012, chosen from 22 nominated candidates. It is the second time Judge Krathen has received this honor from the Fort Lauderdale ABOTA chapter – his first being in 2008. Prior to serving on the bench, he was the recipient of the Chapter’s 2002 Professionalism Award.
Criteria for the selected judge include: commitment to preserving and improving the jury trial system; is knowledgeable, prepared and rules in a timely manner; follows the rules of law and applies them evenhandedly; and demands professionalism from all lawyers.
Judge Krathen, who retired from the 17th Circuit bench in December, became the newest mediation panel member of Upchurch Watson White & Max this month.
Bookmark & Share
Most Popular Articles
- Mediator Arthur Garcia Jr. Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max
- FSU Law Dean Emeritus Don Weidner Joins Upchurch Watson White & Max as Mediator
- The Language of Professionalism in Negotiation
- Ricardo Cata Moderates, Chairs Program Discussing Mediation Method for Resolving U.S.-Cuba Disputes
- Why It’s Almost Always Better to Mediate
- Part 2: Trial May Be a Rarity, but Trial Lawyers Are Not
- Two UWWM Mediators Speak at 24th Annual Dispute Resolution Conference
- Diversity in Mediation: Domestic and International Challenges
- Part 2: The Wrong for Which There Is No Legal Remedy
- Harvard Professor Addresses ABA Dispute Resolution Section's Conference